We are not designed to hold energy in our body, however, there are times where we may feel stagnant and stuck.
Feeling stagnant and stuck is an excellent sign that a detox / cleanse might be best to get your energy to flow through.
Reawaken the energy in your body and space for new energy to flow through.
Here, I answer some questions you may have about the detoxing purpose and process.
- What is the benefit of doing a detox?
- Who should detoxify?
- When should you detoxify?
- Symptoms of toxicity?
- How do we accumulate toxins?
- How will a detox help women age well?
- Do we really need to detoxify?
- How many days to allow for a good detox?
- Supplements for a gentle detox?
- Activities for a gentle detox?
1. What is the benefit of doing a detox?
- Helps the body remove stagnant toxins
- Reduce inflammation
- Results show in healthy looking skin
- Boosts your metabolism
- Boosts energy
- Boosts alertness (less fog)
- Clearer Skin
- Slow the agin process
- Enhances the senses
- Rests the organs
- Weight loss
You become more:
2. Who should detoxify?
Almost everyone needs to detox, cleanse themselves and rest their body functions at times.
Lifestyle provides clues for deciding how and when to detoxify.
3. When should you detoxify?
- Spring and Fall are key times for detoxification
- When you feel congested or experience symptoms of toxicity
- In preparation for conception (both men and women) - fertility issues
- Anytime you feel you need to regain body homeostasis.
4. Symptoms of toxicity?
Aches and pains
Obesity - toxins are fat soluble and become protected in fat
Sensitivity to environmental agents like chemicals, perfumes and synthetics
5. How do we accumulate toxins?
6. How will a detox help women age well?
7. Do we really need to detoxify?
8. How many days to allow for a good detox?
- Do you like intermittent fasting?
- Do you like detox kits from the health food store that have herbs to help with bowel elimination?
- Do you just want to eat cleaner?
- Do you need to balance blood sugars first before a full on cleanse?
9. Supplements for a Gentle Detox?
10. Activities for a Gently Detox?
- Move your body with activity you enjoy. That may be a walk, a light jog, or if you are already active, add a soothing exercise such a yoga or stretching.
- Dry brushing
- Deep breathing
- Proper sleep preparation and quality hours of sleep.
Your detox program is personal to you, and there is no cookie cutter way.
First you want to know the ultimate result you want to achieve, and start visualizing yourself in that state.
The next step is to know what you are willing to commit to. Consistency is key when it comes to any transformation, as transformation will take time.
Have a coach cheer you on and guide you through the process. Your ultimate goal will inevitably be achieved!
Helping you simplify your health journey!
Your Holistic Nutritionist,